The TCPA New Communities Group (NCG) was established in 2009. Its members are ambitious local authorities and development corporations planning and delivering exemplary large-scale new communities, from Garden City inspired new towns and villages to urban regeneration and extension schemes. Homes England works closely with the Group.
The Group collectively helps to develop plans, provide political support and encourage a sharing of knowledge and best practice through webinars, seminars, workshops, study visits, parliamentary briefings, ministerial meetings and newsletters. Together, the Group is providing innovative local leadership for plans delivering over 280,000 new homes.
Explore New Communities Group membership
The membership fee is £4,500 + vat per annum. This includes:
- A programme of CPD learning opportunities through online surgery sessions, thematic webinars/seminars, workshops and site visits to developments – free to attend for all council staff.
- Sharing forum meetings – where members can exchange their experience of planning and delivering new communities.
- Opportunities for high-level political engagement – including an annual parliamentary briefing for council leaders.
- Bi-monthly newsletters – communicating progress of the new communities and highlighting news on relevant policy announcements, training events and opportunities
- Regular updates on key legislative and policy changes which have direct relevance to the delivery of large-scale new developments
- Information about funding opportunities for new communities, regularly updated on a dedicated webpage
- Full organisational membership of the TCPA. Additional benefits of becoming TCPA members are discounted and free places at conferences, the distinguished monthly journal Town & Country Planning, the member’s bulletin, opportunities to be involved in policy making, and much more.
Membership of the NCG gives officers the support for how to implement the [Garden City] principles and keeps us informed of latest guidance and initiatives. It is very useful to share experiences across the country of other new and emerging communities. Without this exchange and support for the ideals, it would be more difficult to remain steadfast in our increasingly complex planning world.Uttlesford District Council, member of the NCG
Join the New Communities Group
If your local authority is planning a large-scale new community and are interested in becoming members of the TCPA New Communities Group, please contact us for more information and the current programme of events.
NCG members map
Navigate the map below by clicking on a members name to highlight it on the map
Cover photo credit: Ebbsfleet Development Corporation